It ought to happen, and it ought to be only the beginning of what happens. But it won’t.
With the media, establishment Republicans and Democrats calling for Americans to “unite” around the so-called “President-Elect,” Levin issued a scathing retort, “I’m part of the new resistance, God forbid if our president doesn’t win…I am not uniting around [Biden] any more than they united around our man.”
Levin is right on target. If Biden assumes the White House under these questionable circumstances, he should receive the same treatment from conservatives and Republicans that President Trump received from his multitude of political opponents. A political resistance should be launched against Biden and all the crooked forces that supported him.
Trump was not given a moment’s rest during his tenure. There was no honeymoon, no bipartisanship, and no acceptance of his presidency from his opposition. He endured coup attempts, a bogus impeachment, a Covid-19 hysteria designed to harm the economy and a fraudulent election process that resulted in millions of unsolicited ballots being mailed across the country.
Possibly, the enemies of the president have defeated him with this latest ruse, but his supporters must never forget what he had to undergo. It is only right and just that a President Biden be treated in precisely the same manner.
I proposed more or less the same thing myself a while back, with one slight difference: not just Biden but any and every Demonrat “president” from here ’til Doomsday should know not a single moment’s peace, respite, or comfort ever again. He should be hounded brutally and without mercy by every Republican in government, until the accumulated stress causes the douchenozzle to fall over stone dead from a brain aneurysm. For Biden-Harris, for Harris-Biden, and all their successors, the harrassment campaign should officially kick off with an Inauguration Day announcement from House Republicans that impeachment proceedings will begin no later than, oh, say, thirty fucking seconds after the echo of the oath of office’s recitation has faded into the ether.
Henceforth, here should be entire teams of GOP officials beavering away at nothing other than finding all the ways in which a Demonrat (p)Resident might be hopelessly bedeviled. Should any member of said teams evince any sign of discomfort or pangs of conscience over the Demonrat’s hellish ordeal, he would be dismissed without prejudice, warming the pines at least until he gets his mind right again, to be replaced by a less squeamish Inquisitor who has his heart more fully in the game.
Then, after Team Torquemada finally drives “President” Fuzznuts to keel over in his cornflakes, the “State funeral” will include a procession of Repubs gathering ’round to poke the corpse with sharp sticks, piss over it, drag it around the White House grounds by the wrists, and such-like abuse, until the mouldering carcass finally crumbles into a gooey, revolting mess. The pile of offal can then be wheelbarrowed out to the verymost edge of the White House grounds and dumped there without further ceremony or regard. Hey, crows and buzzards gotta eat too, y’know.
But like I said, it won’t happen, and we all know it. Not because the GOPe lacks either guts or smarts, as so many like to complain about when Vichy Repubs “accidentally” screw the pooch yet again. Nor is it because of any lack of commitment on their part; they’re just committed as all get out, and have demonstrated so all too many times in their battles with Trump. No, it’s because their commitment is exclusively to something diametrically opposite to what they falsely claim it is, that’s all.
I’d dearly love to be proved wrong about this, just as I dearly wish I’d trip over a sack full of thousand dollar bills on the sidewalk tomorrow afternoon. With McConnell, Graham, and other Repugnican swine already expressing their eagerness to “work with” “President-elect Biden” after a “peaceful transition of power,” I’m way more confident about the odds on the latter coming to pass than the former, alas.
Update! The good Rabbi Fischer has your fucking “unity”—swinging.
It is the clarion call, the siren call, from the Democrat-Media-Left Alliance: “Think of the good of the country. Now is a time for healing. Stop investigating ballot fraud. What we need now is unity.”
You want unity? That’s fair. We will give you unity:
1. In unity with you, we will follow your example of the past four years and deny the legitimacy of the 2020 election for the next four years.
2. In unity with you, we will follow your example of the past four years and investigate the Biden family’s every business dealing at home and abroad.
3. In unity with you, we will follow your example of the past four years and question Biden’s mental fitness to hold office.
4. In unity with you, we will follow your example of the past four years and question Biden’s physical fitness to hold office.
5. In unity with you, we will follow your example of the past four years and blame Biden for every person who dies from the coronavirus.
6. In unity with you, we will follow your example of the past four years and blame Biden personally for every Black person who is shot anywhere in America.
7. In unity with you, we will follow your example of the past four years and never stop publicizing that Biden has been accused of grabbing a woman’s crotch against her will.
8. In unity with you, we will follow your example of the past four years and emphasize that, any time a woman makes a claim of sexual harassment against Biden, she must be believed.
9. In unity with you, we will follow your example of the past four years and continue publicizing that Kamala Harris, like Evita Perón, slept her way into public life…
…Al Gore fought and denied the 2000 results for more than a month and litigated all the way up to the United States Supreme Court. So in unity with you, we pledge to follow your example of litigating the results as far and as high as the courts permit. Unity is a good thing. It binds us as one American people, tied together in pursuit of a common cause, a shared purpose. We already are learning to think identically. We even have ordered our reams of paper to tear in halves at the next State of the Union address. The healing already has begun. We look forward to continuing this healing for the next four years — at least. How could we…Resist?
Several more between my ellipses, all of which add up to some “unity” I could REALLY get behind.