Saying a not at all fond farewell to Government Gas Cans.
From a seller on eBay, I purchased a gas can retrofit/repair kit. These are VERBOTTEN here in Kommiecticut, and are unavailable from retailers like Cheaper Than Dirt. They make you input your zip code to see if they will ship to you, or others will rebrand them as “water spout kits.” For $25 and free shipping, I got five of these kits in a package. I have two complete kits left.
I turned a difficult to use messy gas jug into an easy pour version that has yet to spill a drop.
I’ve done something along similar lines myself, for the low, low price of neither jack nor shit. All’s you gotta do is gut the goobermint “expert”-mandated spout completely, which basically leaves you with a simple, unclogged tube to pour Satan’s Own Go-Juice through as God intended. Failing that, scout around some for one of the older versions that actually work well for the job they’re meant to do.
After that, you just drill, slice, or punch a vent hole into the top of the once-useless container, and VIOLA! You’re back to having a gas can that won’t inspire thoughts of mayhem, murde, and revolution every time you try to use the thing. Problem solved, which one must assume these days is an imprisonable hate crime that will likely land you with a five-to-ten stretch in a different kind of jug altogether.
Thanks to WRSA for hipping me to our latest bookmarks ‘n’ Blogrolle add. And welcome aboard, Glypto.
I had someone dump a full, five-gallon can of perfectly good gas in my recycling container. On trying to pour out a small sample to see if it was indeed gas and wasn’t watered or contaminated, I figured out why it had been dumped – the spout delivered two ounces of gas before closing up tight. The person who bought that thing must have been driven crazy with frustration. I ripped off that spout and poured the gas into a five gallon can with an old-fashioned spout, and dumped in some gas stabilizer (Sta-bil) and that was the gas my mower used for the next two years.