Frances puts the thing plainly.
We read and watch the reports of rampant looting and violence in our cities…and we sit, appalled.
We hear the Left’s mouthpieces denounce anyone who stands against them, threatening them with everything but canonization…and we shake our heads.
We read of the advance of totalitarianism in Europe, Canada, and parts of these United States…and we express disbelief.
The Left has taken the offensive. It’s seized our federal government and many state and local governments. It dominates our entertainment industries. It’s controlled the major media for many years. It owns the schools, from kindergarten all the way to the highest of the universities. And it is advancing wherever it stands forth.
We cannot win – nay; we cannot survive — if we restrict ourselves to “playing defense.”
Not long ago, Matt Bracken left this as a reply to something I said at Gab.com:
“In the absence of orders, find a Communist and kill it.”
Sounds harsh, doesn’t it? Even Communists have a right to life, don’t they? I mean, if they have freedom of expression, they must have a right to life!
Time was. Before they went on the attack. But matters have “progressed” too far. They’re openly maneuvering for the power to kill, enslave, and expropriate without let or hindrance. The violence in the cities is merely the most visible manifestation.
Note that in nearly all the riot-torn cities, the “forces of order” have stood aside while the rioters have rampaged. When they’ve acted, it’s usually been against people who dared to oppose the rioters with weapons, such as the McCloskeys of St. Louis. That puts the “forces of order” on the side of the rioters and despoilers: Communists de facto, despite their badges and uniforms.
Think about what’s being done to Kyle Rittenhouse, because he used lethal force to defend himself from a potentially lethal assault by a marauding gang. Put yourself in his place…because as sure as the Sun will rise tomorrow, if we remain on the defensive while the Left presses its attack, you will be.
Ordinary, normal Americans, being decent, peaceable, civilized sorts rather than deranged zealots, are extremely reluctant to own up to the harsher realities of our time, which include:
- The escalation of opponents into enemies
- The steadily increasing aggression of a fanatical foe long accustomed to victory, emboldened by the transparently fraudulent 2020 election
- The comprehensive corruption and lawlessness of every branch, department, agency, and bureaucracy of the federal Leviathan
- The marrow-deep hatred, intolerance, and ruthlessness of an implacable enemy driven by one desire alone: the wholesale destruction of America as founded, every last thing it represents, and all who still revere it
- The betrayal of a treacherous political party they had long trusted to oppose, resist, and hinder the Democrat-Socialists, rather than colluding and cooperating with them
- The wearing stress of being relentlessly defamed, denounced, shunned, mocked, threatened, and even physically assaulted—of being unable to avoid political conflict every minute of every hour of every day, subject to ceaseless harrassment and harangues without hope of respite
Confronting those ugly realities, and plenty more besides, can’t be avoided or shied from for very much longer without those decent, good-hearted, reluctant Normals putting themselves in serious jeopardy. In truth, they already are in jeopardy. Unfortunately, the currents of history are powerful, indifferent, and far beyond human ability to direct or defy. Normal Americans must choose whether they will confront unpleasant reality and defend their birthright, or be swept off and overcome by history’s cold current.
The entire world has been more than adequately schooled in Communism’s black history, which teaches that to countenance its spread is to invite societal catastrophe. Despite my own fondness for it, nowhere in the Bible does the phrase “Thou shalt not suffer a Communist to live” actually appear. Perhaps the Good Book needs to be revised to include it. Or, in the words of another original adage of mine: It’s never too early to start shooting Commies. But it CAN be too late, and nobody ever did himself any favors by procrastinating.