Vegas stench still rising

Posted by Mike @ 2:49 AM Sunday, 15 October 2017 • Category: Balls The Size Of Church Bells, Gangster Government, Liberals are violent haters, WTF?!

And strengthening.

The Mandalay Bay security guard shot in the moments leading up to the Las Vegas massacre checked into a “quick clinic” instead of appearing in a series of previously scheduled interviews, but his union representative does not know his exact condition or location.

“It’s highly unusual. I’m hoping everything is okay with him and I’m sure MGM or the union will let (media) know when we hear something,” David Hickey, the president of the Security Police and Fire Professionals Union told Fox News.

He’s dead, Jim.

Hickey said he’d been helping security guard Jesus Campos prepare for a string of interviews, scheduled for Thursday evening.

“For the past four days he’s been preparing,” Hickey said, noting the interviews were Campos’ idea to begin with. He said he hoped telling his story would help him move on.

He’s dead, Jim.

“Thursday we had a meeting with MGM officials, and after that meeting was over we talked about the interviews, we went to a private area, and when we came out, Mr. Campos was gone.”

Hickey told Fox he received a text Thursday night, saying Campos had been taken to a “quick clinic.”

A text from whom, pray tell? He’s dead, Jim.

“Right now I’m just concerned where my member is, and what his condition is,” he said.

He’s dead, Jim.

Plenty more from Denninger and Sundance. Thank goodness the Left finally decided to sacrifice their beloved Weinstein so as to provide a distraction from worrying about stuff like this, eh?

(Via Insty)

Update! Steyn, too, ain’t buying any.

As readers know, I have a low regard for conspiracy theories, mainly because the reasons the world is going to hell are pretty much staring us in the face. But I can’t honestly blame anyone following the Las Vegas massacre story from taking refuge in any conspiracy theory, no matter how wild and zany. Almost a fortnight from the moment when 58 people were gunned down at a country-music festival, officialdom has so bungled the case that almost every single one of the most basic facts about the act are up for grabs.

As I had cause to remark over a week ago, I dislike the contamination of police press conferences by various politicians and bureaucrats all indulging in an orgy of mutual self-congratulation. But, in this case, the self-congratulation is entirely unwarranted. From the beginning this seemed an unusual crime that didn’t seem to line up with any other mass shooting by a nutter who flips. It has only gotten weirder in the days since.

He has plenty more, and it all stinks.

10/15/2017 | 6:00 AM

Ee's not dead! Ee's just pining for the Fnords, Jim.

I agree. The Vegas thing stinks on ice, Mike. All of it.

Monty James
    10/15/2017 | 10:16 AM

There's also this:

Vegas shooting survivor, California charity co-founder dies suddenly

Facebook posts she made talking about multiple shooters were deleted by the family. I could buy that people mistook echoes off surrounding buildings for multiple shooters, except there's a whole lot of weird bullshit going on. I don't have much reason to trust the government on this one, going by all the official stammering we've been hearing.

Monty James
    10/15/2017 | 10:22 AM

@Monty James Not forgetting this:

Burglars target Las Vegas shooter's Reno home

Way to secure the crime scene, assholes.

TB
    10/16/2017 | 1:21 AM

“Right now I’m just concerned where my member is, and what his condition is”

I'm in my 60s. This is every damn day for me.

10/16/2017 | 1:26 AM

TB :
    “Right now I’m just concerned where my member is, and what his condition is”
    I'm in my 60s. This is every damn day for me.

I'm doing my level best here to ignore all of the obvious jokes about always keeping my member close to hand where I can find him.

Eskyman
    10/16/2017 | 6:40 PM

I'm not even sure that this Campos even exists. Nobody sees him, nobody hears him, he's supposedly here but then he's gone. How do I know all this? "Anonymous sources."

As I was coming down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today;
    I wish to God he'd go away!

Mark Matis
    10/17/2017 | 2:25 PM

One more time:

This investigation is being run by the LVMPD, the FBI, and the BATFE. Why would ANYONE believe anything they say, given their honesty and candor shown so consistently over the past many years???

10/18/2017 | 12:04 AM

She's dead, Jim:

10/18/2017 | 1:32 PM

Huh. Apparently Campos isn't dead. He's surfaced for an interview:

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.