Evan Coyne Maloney — along with the rest of us — was supposed to have forgotten all about this stuff by now:
At President Bush’s second inauguration in 2005, I visited Washington D.C. to hand out consolation prizes to crestfallen leftists. Folks got a chance to select their own action figure: one of Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Michael Moore or Hillary Clinton. The resulting video, Stop Bitching, Start a Revolution, captured derogatory signs and predictions of violence. Among the highlights:
- “Us Democrats are going to get up in arms…we’ll have to come out and do what we have to do in the spirit of revolution. We’ll have to come out and kill somebody, I guess.”
- One sign had a double-digit number of swastikas: large swastikas with President Bush’s face superimposed and smaller ones replacing the letter “s” in the president’s surname
- A number of “Buck Fush” signs and stickers, which shouldn’t need explaining to the dyslexic
- “Karl Rove is a Nazi, and so is Bush”
- “We are in a Christian Fascist state”
- “There needs to be a revolution in this country”
In Pin the Tale on the Donkeys, I quizzed peace protesters about the various hawkish statements Democrats made about Saddam Hussein over the years. I also captured a few choice signs, including:
- A “Stop Bush” sign where the “s” in Bush has been replaced with a swastika
- A sign accusing President Bush of being both a “fascist” and a “racist”
- One that refers to President Bush as a “terrorist”
- A “Protest = Patriotic” sign (an equation that liberals no longer seem to believe is true)
- A sign with a picture of President Bush calling him “a madman”
Ahh, but see, Evan, all that was diff’runt. Bush was trying to fight a war against an implacable and fanatical foreign enemy; Obama is trying to implement an anti-Constitutional ideology domestically. One of these things is much more important than the other.
Is there more? Of course there is, and lots of it, which is still merely a drop in the bucket; liberal hatred for anyone who disagrees with their socialist/fascist agenda is a nearly bottomless well, after all. Nice to know Leftards have finally found an enemy they can really get behind the idea of fighting against tooth and nail: Americans.