A while back I threatened to collect all the ones I’ve mentioned so far into one handy-dandy post, just to be funny. Then, at BMNT last night (Begin Morning Nautical Twilight, the witching hour when the US military likes to initiate an attack, for all sorts of very good reasons) when I had been forced out of bed to take a(nother) leak, I remembered that pledge, and decided to just go ahead and do this thing already.
After the results of a local CF search were in, I was a bit surprised at how many times I had deployed this schtick of mine; sometimes the MILs had been given a number designation, sometimes they hadn’t. Heck, somewhere back in the deepest mists of time I even established a separate category for the things, in preparation for the day when I’d finally get around to creating this compendium.
So without further mucking about, I present to you all the MILs I could scavenge—directly quoted from the post they originally appeared in, in no particular order, with a link to the post of origin.
- Mike’s Iron Law #873: They will NOT stop. They will have to BE stopped.
- Mike’s Iron Law #847: “Government health care” is not about either health, or “caring.”
- Another of Mike’s Iron Laws: Elect all the Republicans you like, then sit back and watch as nothing changes.
- Mike’s Iron Law Numero Uno: Revolution is a process, not an event.
- Mike’s Iron Law #4296-54e, addendum 67: If shitlibs didn’t have distortions, distractions, and outright lies, they’d have nothing to say at all.
- Another of Mike’s Iron Laws: Place not your trust in government. For it is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
- Mike’s Iron Law #187: There’s always a workaround, and true Americans will always be able find it.
- Mike’s Iron Law #1,246: Whenever Progressivists win, America loses.
- One of the most important of Mike’s Iron Laws: Anything that rankles the Left can only be good for America.
- Yet another of Mike’s Iron Laws, in the form of a Biblical rejiggering: Thou shalt not suffer a Communist to live.
- Another of Mike’s Iron Laws: You cannot placate the implacable, nor sate the insatiable. It’s a mistake to even try.
- Mike’s Iron Law #1: Never cede ANYTHING to the Left, not a single goddamned thing.
- Mike’s Iron Law for dealing with the Left: They will never be satisfied, no matter what you yield up to them.
And that’s a wrap, kids—for now. Looking back over this list, it’s a thing of wonder and amazement to me that, even though I was just making the whole danged thing up as I went along, I somehow avoided repeating any of the numbers except for Number One/Numero Uno. Not sure how I managed to pull that one off.
Update! I think I’m gonna create a new WP Page, which will show up as a navbar link at the top, so’s I can add new MILs as they occur to me. That’ll archive all of them in one convenient place, for posterity’s sake.