Bitter Centurion has had a gutful of it.
I think it might be time for me to shut down for awhile. I don’t know how many people out there actually read the gibberish and rantings of a guy like me, but I’ve appreciated all who did. There are some out there, many of whom are accomplished bloggers in their own right (Glen Filthie and Big Country Expat are two that come to mind) whom I’ve had the pleasure and privilege of exchanging with.
The other thing is, what’s left to rant about? Sure, I could write posts and posts about how much Justin Trudeau and his confederacy of assholes and idiots are fucking Canada up beyond all possible means of repair. But anyone reading my blog already knows that and the ones who aren’t either a.) don’t have a problem with any of that, or b.) don’t give a shit – which is pretty much the same as point a.). His government is entirely lawless and extremely dangerous, putting every person living in this country in severe peril. But we know this already.
I could even write more about how betrayed and hurt I felt after I, and anyone else out there who took a stand against that fucker Trudeau and his mandates – which, clearly by now, were designed ONLY to hurt the people who he doesn’t like (RE: the blue collar, middle class working people who don’t live in Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal, or any other government town) – were basically cast out and treated as pariahs by people who, NOT MORE THAN A WEEK before the mandates went into effect, I was going to high risk calls and putting my ass on the line with. Because of that, I saw the true colours of people I never in a million years thought I’d ever see. Yes, I saw a good number of those people as the vindictive and cruel assholes I always knew them to be, but to my surprise I saw even more people turning out to be scared, self interested cowards who actually wouldn’t take a bullet, not even a figurative one, for a brother/sister officer. A hard pill to swallow, yes…but maybe not as shocking in the end as it ought to be.
I could talk a fair deal about how the RCMP, an organization I had joined with the intent to serve and protect the people of Canada and their rights and freedoms, knowing that it had more than its fair share of problems and scandals, has shown itself for all to see to be nothing more than a political blunt instrument for the Liberal Party of Canada, loyal at the end of the day to them and NOT the Canadian people or the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Today, it’s not even a shadow of the image it has sold itself to the country and the world to be, let alone a tribute to its predecessors. Sure…I could write about that shit until the cows come home. But would I really be telling anyone anything they didn’t already know?
Well, the answer to all that is ‘no’. All of these things bring up a lot of negative emotions, from pissing me right the fuck off, to being deeply saddening, to causing enough worry and despair to have me seriously consider buying a shit ton of shares in Maalox. But what does bitching about it and centering my life around it contributing, in the grand scheme of things?
It’s like this article I read the other night:
This was partly my breaking point, where I decided I’d had enough fear porn. It’s like, ‘Yeah. No fucking shit, asshole. The vast majority of people who would be reading an article like this already know we, and most of the world at large, are run by a cabal of corrupt, greedy motherfuckers in government who collude with and get paid dump trucks full of money by corrupt, greedy motherfuckers in corporate and absolutely none of them, not a single one, gives a rusty fuck who gets hurt or killed or what gets destroyed along the way. We already fucking knew that. But do you have any solutions, oh grand and brilliant tech CEO? No? Really? Huh…gotta say, I’m fucking shocked.’
It’s like getting the shit beaten out of you every, single day. After awhile, you get numb to it and stop giving a damn. I think that’s the point where I’m at now.
I’ve rassled with this issue my own self, and know exactly where BC is coming from with this. Now, it ain’t for me to be offering advice to the man, and such is not my aim. But I feel obliged to say that more than twenty years of toiling in this strange and wonderful field has led me to conclude that there IS considerable intrinsic worth in carrying on with this bloggery thingamabobber, even if I’m only restating stuff Our Side knows all about already. A few reasons why I think so:
- I like to think CF is a source of at least some small support and encouragement for folks who find precious little of any such from the usual information-and-opinion outlets, a counter to the feeling of isolation the liberal media works so hard to inculcate in us
- The venting thing BC mentions ain’t no small beer to a hot-tempered, can’t-shut-him-up loudmouth like myself; had I not been able to sit down behind a keyboard to shout my hatred, rage, and frustration to the heavens for lo, these many years, I’d have probably fallen over dead from a suppressed-rage induced coronary event back during Bathhouse Barry’s first term
- As a blogger, I’ve repeatedly been reminded that you really never know how many good people out there are counting on you and the forum you provide to help them get through their day without getting disheartened
- Everybody involved in them—whether as active participants or lurkers—benefits from a vigorous, lively comments section; no matter how smart or well-read one may be, there’s always something new to be learned in those discussions
- However small a minority we may be—whether or not our combined voices can ever carry far enough to truly matter when it comes to having any real impact—if we all go dark the resulting silence will certainly breed a dangerous confidence in the Left that they’ve won at last, and God only knows what hideous catastrophes THAT would bring about
- Likewise, when we carry on with all our shouting at the moon we remind all and sundry that we ain’t defeated just yet—that we remain undaunted, defiant, and a general pain in the ass to them still
Those things may not amount to reason enough to keep on keepin’ on for every Righty blogger, of course. But speaking strictly for my own self, they’ll do quite nicely for now. Bitter Centurion, all best wishes to you from here, brother; from what I can see, you’re exactly the kind of blogger AND cop that we will never have enough of and can ill afford to lose, and you will be missed by more than you’ll ever know. Keep the faith, do your best to stay positive despite everything, and, as my biker bros like to say: Illegitimi non carborundum.