Specifics issues aside, this right here is really what Trump was elected to do.
1. It seems like many people on the right do not understand the concept of a political battle. The left understands it. That is why when they lose a battle, they just regroup and try again and again and again until they win.
2. The left lost the political battle for gun control decades ago. Yet, they are still out there trying to push their gun grabbing ways after every shooting. They are still trying to get businesses to stop doing business with gun sellers and/or pro 2nd amendment people.
3. It’s unrelenting not just on the gun issue but every issue. Due to this constant pressure the right has fallen into a defender role to conserve the status quo so to speak. It’s easy to understand how this defender role came about but it’s harder to change from defense.
4. A good defense is important; but it hardly ever wins a war, especially against a foe that never gives up. Sooner or later the defense breaks and the enemy rolls over the walls. Always defending also leads to doom and gloom among the defenders.
7. Enter President Trump. He doesn’t defend; he attacks in the political battle. When he is attacked he doesn’t just sit back and defend, he counter attacks.. He attacks then attacks again and again and again. He starts offensives, he doesn’t defend against them.
8. This the difference in the political battle we have seen for the last 3 years. Many of those that have been defenders for decades can’t seem to understand what offense means. They are still set in defensive mode.
More than that, they used the defensive crouch as a concealment of their collaboration, along with the fact that they aren’t really any honest sort of “opposition” at all, and never were.