WOW. I did NOT see all THAT coming. But then, I’m pretty sure nobody else did either.
Polls are all closed. Election results are beginning to come in fast. The overall result in the European (EU) Parliamentary Election reflects massive gains for conservative nationalists in Italy, Greece, France, Poland, Hungary, Austria, U.K. and others…
- In France Marine Le Pen has defeated the party led by Emmanuel Macron. Exit polls in France indicated that Marine Le Pen’s far-right, anti-immigrant National Rally party came out on top in an astonishing rebuke of French President Emmanuel Macron, who has made EU integration the heart of his presidency.
- In Greece Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras is likely to call a snap general election in June, after the opposition party took the lead.
- Poland’s ruling nationalist Law and Justice (PiS) party is expected to come first in the election with 42.4% of the vote.
- Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, was expected to win 56% of votes, state television reported.
- Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz leading with support for Kurz’s conservative People’s Party, at 34.5%.
- In Italy Matteo Salvini’s far-right League is now emerging as Italy’s largest party, and the 5-Star Movement has lost a third of its voters over the course of a year.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel’s governing coalition, the CDU/CSU, has lost multiple seats now dropping to a projected 28 (out of 96).
- In the U.K. Nigel Farage Brexit Party is crushing the traditional political classes. With 100 of 373 counts complete, the brand new Brexit Party is in the lead with 31.9%, crushing the two largest parties, Conservatives and Labour, who are down 12-14% each so far.
Our self-proclaimed betters and would-be rulers both here and abroad had better get themselves a clue. The populations they misgovern and hold in contempt are fed up with the arrogance; the incompetence; the corruption; the condescension; the deception; the total disdain for national sovereignty, strength, and pride; the overbearing sense of entitlement to unchecked power over the lowly serfs; the blasé disregard for the best interests of the people they pretend to represent. Message delivered: Überclass charlatans need to figure things out pronto, lest they suddenly find themselves confronting a much more, ummm, vigorous kind of revolt—a kinetic one.
Looks like sanity is breaking out all over, eh? Very heartening, any way you look at it. Not a moment too soon, either.