Just the facts, ma’am.
Love them or hate them, their effectiveness is indisputable.
- “Part of our area is covered with some fencing on our east side. That accounts for about 6 percent of our traffic,” Border Patrol chief Raul Ortiz told journalists during Trump’s Jan. 10 visit to Rio Grande Valley, Texas. “Where we have no fencing, over 90 percent of our traffic occurs in those areas.”
A day earlier, Ortiz added, 450 people were apprehended in the unfenced sector, including 133 from such non-Latin nations as India, Pakistan, and Romania.
- Some 560,000 illegals were caught astride San Diego and Tijuana in Fiscal Year 1992, when a border wall was installed there. By FY 2017, the Border Patrol says it snared 26,086 — down 95.3 percent.
- A barrier between the Tucson, Ariz., sector and Nogales, Mexico, was erected in 2000. That year’s 616,346 arrests plunged to 38,657 in FY 2017 — down 93.7 percent.
- A fence installed at the border between Yuma, Ariz., and Los Algondones, Mexico, brought apprehensions from 138,438 in FY 2005 to 12,847 in FY 2018 — down 90.7 percent.
- “Crime has significantly decreased in the Yuma area,” then-acting Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke wrote in USA Today in August 2017, “and smugglers now look for other less difficult areas of the border to cross — often areas without fencing.”
- A 150-mile barrier between Israel and southern Egypt cut the number of illegal-alien entrants from 17,000 in 2011 to 43 in 2013 after the fence’s completion, Israel’s Ministry of the Interior states — down 99.7 percent.
- Bulgaria erected a barrier on its Turkish perimeter in 2013. That year’s 11,000 illegal crossings dropped to 4,000 in 2014 — down 63.6 percent.
- Just as British Gibraltar dangles from Spain’s underside, Spanish Ceuta and Melilla surf atop Morocco. Multiple fences and barriers there sliced 2014’s 2,100 arrests at the Spanish-territorial/Moroccan frontier to 2015’s 100 — down 95.2 percent.
Of course, the fact that they work is why the Democrat-Marxists don’t want one.
So, Trump Derangement Syndrome actually causes Democrats’ borderphobia.
Indeed, Ekins elaborated, “Reuter/Ipsos found that simply telling Democrats Trump supports a policy turns them against it — even universal health care.” Saying to Democrats that Trump favors government medicine drives their enthusiasm for it from 68 percent to 47. If Trump likes it, Democrats loathe it.
Walls work, and Democrats know it. But they want this President to fail.
So, Democrats battle effective border protection so they can “resist Trump” — national security be damned.
Funny, isn’t it, how something that every bit of historical and contemporary evidence proves doesn’t work—Communism—they insist can be made to work somehow or other. But something the evidence proves DOES work they claim DOESN’T, CAN’T work. Then again, they’re brazen liars who cheerfully contradict themselves eighteen times before lunch every single day without batting an eye. So y’know, there’s that. Or, to put it another way:
The Democrat Party truly is America’s arsenal of hypocrisy.