Yes, I do have a strategy, even though I suspect the president may reject it because, alas, I am an Islamophobe. More precisely, I am an Islamodespicio because I despise Islam far more than I fear it. (It’s the only religion on Earth I feel that way about.) I despise a religion that, other than Comrade Putin, is the source of virtually all the large scale violence in the world and has been for decades. I also despise it for its treatment of women, homosexuals, children (putting machine guns in their hands at the age of seven and teaching them to kill non-believers), for its complete intolerance of other religions and secular systems and for the consistent dishonesty with which it treats the rest of the human race. I despise it in its Shiite and Sunni forms (even though they despise each other), as well as its murderous subsidiaries like Hezbollah, Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood, al Qaeda, al Nusra and on and on.
So I don’t have much question about what to do about ISIS. Obliterate it. Put as few of our people in harm’s way as possible to accomplish that, but if it’s necessary to do so, it’s necessary.
And while we’re at it, obliterate the rest of the murderous crew above. Send them a message they will never forget — and if that message resembles Dresden in World War II, so be it. They have brought it on themselves. We should not take sides in the Neanderthal Sunni-Shiite rift in which they have been killing each other for over a thousand years for pathological cultish reasons. Both sides want nothing more than a caliphate. They just want their caliphate.
And most importantly of all, we should reinstate the economic boycott of Iran even more tightly than it was before while informing the bloody mullahs and the Iranian people that we support regime change now, not pussy-foot around about it as Obama did when the students were marching in the streets of Tehran (the most morally reprehensible behavior by an American president in my lifetime). We can’t allow the mullahs to profit from our dismantling of ISIS. And if they don’t get the message, use lethal force.
Does all this sound excessive?
Nope. Sounds right on the money to me, with a few additions:
- Severely restrict Muslim immigration to Western countries–and the only reason I don’t say end it altogether is to allow an escape hatch for the very few truly decent and moderate Muslims who wish to flee their native hellholes. Screen them carefully, and let obnoxious, smelly Iranian students who support their hideous atrocity of a government and its enforced pseudo-religion get their engineering degrees someplace else
- Extend that boycott and support for regime change business to Saudi Arabia, and to any and every other Muslim shitrapy that dares to arm, equip, train, fund, and support jihad in any way whatsoever
- Make it absolutely clear that sharia law will not only NOT be de facto installed or respected anywhere in the Western world, it will not be tolerated to the slightest degree; any Western citizen caught committing any crime in the name of Islam will be immediately expelled and shipped fast freight to the Muslim shithole of his choice, never to blight our shores again
- Mosques may be tolerated; mosques harboring imams who call for jihad and help to hide jihadi fighters or donate money to support them will not. Shut them down, raze them to the ground, salt the earth under them, and expel the perps. And no, the “call to prayer” may not be broadcast over powerful PA systems, to be heard all over the community to the annoyance of non-Muslim residents
- Re-establish the southern border, with an especially watchful eye towards enforcing the restrictions on Muslim immigration mentioned above
- Dismantle CAIR root, branch, and bough, as the seditious funding and propaganda organ for jihadi groups it actually is; prosecute its leaders for treason
- Make expressions of political correctness–such as public use of the word “Islamophobia,” say–punishable by prison time, years of it
Okay, I was only kidding about that last one. Mostly.
Update! Bill, of course, gets it:
As I keep saying, kill enough of them that they lose their will to fight us, or are all dead. Either way works for me. Of course I want to see victory, and I don’t think any US administration has actually sought victory since World War II.
Clue: Victory looks like Japan and Germany at the end of World War II, not like Iraq at the end of the much-vaunted (and entirely ineffective) “Surge.” In the first case, our enemies were either dead or terrified to provoke our wrath. In the second, neither was true.
Bomb their cities until not one brick stands upon another, then make the rubble bounce–and don’t even think about “nation building” until the whole goddamned region shows signs of motion sickness from it.