EXCITING news: it’s fundraiser time again!

February 4th, 2013

That’s right, folks, due to a depressingly slow January, the wolf is once again not only at the door but actually trying to pick the lock, and I am reduced once more to shamelessly rattling the ol’ tip jar. But there’s a new wrinkle this time out: thanks to a timely suggestion from CF lifer Rich, I am setting up a subscription option. For the embarrassingly low fee of 1 measly buck a month, you can be a CF Gold Star supporter. No, there won’t be any medals or trophies given out, and of course it won’t be required to access all content here. But if you can spare it, and you think my output here is worth the coin, you can sign up and lord it over your fellows like the generous, conscientious soul you no doubt are for a paltry 12 bucks a year.

Added bonus: when I do one of these occasional begathons, you can comfortably ignore it, secure in the knowledge that you’ve done your bit to keep me slaving away at this stuff, elevating my blood pressure by following the dismal news and venting my spleen in objectionable ways for your edification and enjoyment, rather than just saying to hell with it and spending all this time digging the bunker out and reinforcing it with whatever semi-solid items I find by the side of the road.

So if you’re so inclined, and bless your little heart if you are, please look over to the top of the sidebar, sign up, and help me say goodbye to ramen noodles and pawn shops forever.

All kidding around aside, your support is most humbly appreciated, as is your indulgence and attention, whether you donate or not.

Oh yeah, did I mention it’s my birthday week? Well, it is; Tuesday, to be exact. 53 damned years old, which is about 120 in dog years, and feels every bit of it. Not that you should allow that to influence your decision at all, of course, and I would never employ such a cheap manipulation to try to extract dough from anybody. Perish forbid. Forget I brought it up, okay?

I’ll keep this post up top all week, so all the piping-hot new stuff will be down below. Thanks again.

Comments appear entirely at the whim of the guy who pays the bills for this site, and may be deleted, edited, ridiculed, or otherwise pissed over as he in his capricious fancy sees fit. Thank you.
  1. MM
    February 4th, 2013 at 17:44 | #1
    53!!! That's all Mike?? So that means you were already unhinged at about 40? And probably earlier but behind closed doors so to speak. Plus it seems to me your temperature has been on the increase(especially the past couple years) and signing up to contribute to your certain fatal aneurysm might actually be an act of kindness.

Put me down for it, I'm just that kind of guy.

2. Bob
    February 5th, 2013 at 00:35 | #2
    Welcome to *my* world, ya old fart. Aneurysm, stroke, whatever... Use the subscription money as ya see fit, although I'd highly recommend ammo at this point. Assuming FedGovCo doesn't do anything *else* as far as poking the hornets' nest with a sharp stick, reliable sources say we're at least six to nine months away from anything resembling stability in ammo supplies and prices. My money ain't on Ogabe and friends leaving well enough alone. Incandescent, white-hot stupidity seems to be a trademark characteristic of the Dems.

Just to make this entertaining, consider a not-quite-tinfoil-hat-conspiracy theory:

Check out a recently posted account of the Battle of Athens (TN). I'll leave the reading of the article as an exercise for the curious, but the money statement comes late in the article when people noticed that one of the wayward deputies hadn't been seen around those parts previously. When asked, he admitted he was someone who got paid official forgiveness for a legal transgression in exchange for his part in confiscating ballot boxes at gunpoint. As he put it, being an outsider, he had no loyalty to the community, and participating in the election fraud was a low-risk activity relative to the potential payoff.

Bearing the above in mind, is it such a stretch to imagine similarly hired firepower going door to door confiscating weapons when that black day arrives? The firearms and ammo they would use for the task are being shipped to urban areas as I type this: those items aren't really intended for the various federal bureaucracies (Social Security office workers? Really??) for which they were ostensibly purchased. Criminal elements, including gang members and violent felons, would jump at the chance to do FedGovCo's dirty work in exchange for a pardon. When the fighting is over, the regime liquidates the rubes instead of pardoning them. Sound at all familiar? Does the name Stalin ring a bell?

3. Bob
    February 5th, 2013 at 00:55 | #3
    Ok... That wasn't fair mentioning a post without providing a link, so here ya go:

In the section "Transport Seven Captured Deputies Out of Town", the last paragraph is what you're looking for.

4. Brian
    February 6th, 2013 at 19:56 | #4
    53? Happy birthday. I'll be there in August. It's a good time of life, IMHO.
  5. February 8th, 2013 at 04:42 | #5
    I really had to discuss this specific posting, “EXCITING news:
    its fundraiser time again! Cold Fury” with my friends
    on facebook itself. I actuallybasically desired to pass on your fantastic writing!

Thanks, Otilia

6. SDN
    February 8th, 2013 at 20:35 | #6
    I made 52 one week ago. BTW, I would have kicked in $5 bucks a month if there was an option for it.
Comments are closed.
Home > Hey y'all, watch this! > EXCITING news: it’s fundraiser time again!
British Virgin Islands - Guitar Lessons - Costa Rica - Renegade Motorhome