I’m not sure how I feel about this, really.

February 21st, 2008

Kinda conflicted, actually. I mean, on the one hand, I really despise Senator Maverick. On the other hand, I really love my country. On the third hand, Kim du Toit is one of my favorite people (I tend to have sentiments like that about people that assist me in acquiring fine old firearms), and I’ve always been irritated by the fact that he finds it difficult to make ends meet here in what is supposed to be the freest nation on earth.

Look, just go buy something, alright? If you don’t want it, set the shipping address to Republican Party national headquarters. It’s for a good cause (Kim’s pocketbook) and you can send the message you want.

Comments appear entirely at the whim of the guy who pays the bills for this site, and may be deleted, edited, ridiculed, or otherwise pissed over as he in his capricious fancy sees fit. Thank you.
  1. February 21st, 2008 at 11:21 | #1
    The free-est nation on earth doesn't mean we're actually giving away money...
  2. February 21st, 2008 at 13:36 | #2
    Thanks for helping Kim out. Great minds think alike. I'm going to add your suggestion to my post at UCV.
  3. February 21st, 2008 at 22:08 | #3
    Much as I like and respect Kim, he's as wrong today as he was when he was in a howling rage about those of us who refused to vote for the band of bandidos that the GOP had become back in 2006.

His notion about loving his country more than hating John McCain is easily refuted, and here is that refutation in its simplest form:

Those who are willing to trade the future of conservative freedom in the United States for a bit of short-term safety today deserve neither freedom nor safety. Nor will they have it.

Instead, you fight. You fight for the sole of the Republican Party, and you fight against the leftists who would destroy it all.

After Obama crushes McCain this time, how will Kim react to the nomination of Arlen Specter in 2012 in an effort to "reach the moderates and independents" and "save the country from Obama?"

Probably advise us all to vote for Arlen, because we love America more than we hate Specter.

4. February 21st, 2008 at 23:44 | #4
    Nobody even implied we were, Hazel. But Kim is essentially unemployable because of his outspoken political views. So, yeah, I'm a little pissed about that, and help him when I can.

Bill, I will always love my country more than I hate any particular politician. I find it distressing that so many people I thought I could respect obviously do not. With so many of you displaying such childishly negative attitudes, I'm starting to wish the entire lot of you, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent, Republican and Constitutionalist, would pack up and go somewhere you can love.

5. February 23rd, 2008 at 12:37 | #5
    >>But Kim is essentially unemployable because of his outspoken political views.

That may be the funniest thing I've read in some time. If that's even remotely true (still funny) then he should perhaps learn some circumspection. I can't recall one time in the past 20 years of my employment history when an employer gave a crap about my political views...mainly because A) it ain't their business, and B) I was smart enough to keep it to myself.

I have ZERO problems with a little judicious blegging, but seriously, he's posted a picture of what he's going to buy with the profits from that little cup, and it wasn't Ramen noodles, it was a rather expensive firearm.

6. February 23rd, 2008 at 15:57 | #6
    Hazel, dear, perhaps you should actually go read Kim's archives before you shoot your mouth off.
Comments are closed.
Home > Charity begins at home. > I’m not sure how I feel about this, really.
Renegade Motorhome - Guitar Lessons - Costa Rica - Guitar Lessons